Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Do you not know? Have you not heard?"

As I am here solo in the missionary home, I have no one else's devotion to listen to so in my quiet time, I read from Isaiah 40:28-29: " Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak."

What a wonderful promise in the midst of such turmoil here in Honduras.





Looking at these sweet, precious faces, you can see that my time in Honduras continues to be special. Despite the political environment and the news you are hearing, I have had no trouble traveling in the past week. Today, I assisted our administrative assistant (AA) in providing fluoride treatment and de-worming meds to two kindergartens in small neighboring villages.

Good to the last drop! Muy Rico!
Or maybe not?!


It was my joy to tell them that I love them because Jesus first loved me and that He loves them and wants to be their friend and to live in their hearts.....looking at these faces, it is not hard to believe every word spoken.


No, I have not been arrested!
Later in the afternoon, the AA accompanied me to finally receive the license tag for my car. PTL ! This is the final paperwork needed for the imported vehicle......it only took 6 weeks; a trip to Miami followed by a flight to Honduras; weeks of waiting; a trip to Puerto Cortes to pick it up after five trips to San Pedro Sula for paperwork and insurance; a trip to La Flecha because the system in the bank here was not working; and the third trip to Santa Barbara this afternoon to have the tag in my hands. Tomorrow, once I find a wrench it will go on the car.
I only regret no one will be here to see my celebration dance:)

And if the children are in school we will administer meds to three of the remaining 8 schools in the morning so I look forward to sharing more photos with you all.

Please pray for the freedom of this country which so many of us love.

Roxanne


No comments:

Post a Comment